Learn Mandarin with Kemauan : Lesson 5  

Posted by Kemauan in


Learn Mandarin with Kemauan : Lesson 5


This is lesson 5 of Learn Mandarin with Kemauan but before you begin, it is better if you review again previous lessons

Read carefully with the right tone

duì bu qǐ, qǐng wèn, nǐ shì Zhōng guó rén ma ?
shì, wǒ shì Zhōng guó rén, nǐ ne ?
wǒ shì Měi guó rén
kě shì, nǐ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà
wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er, wǒ shuō de bù hǎo
nǐ pǔ tōng huà shuō de hěn hǎo

Repeat again the sentences above, try to use the right pinyin tone

1. Hello : .....
2. goodbye : .....
3. how are you ? : .....
4. very well, thank you : .....
5. not very well : .....
6. I don't speak well : .....
7. Are you american ? : .....
8. Yes, I'm American, how about you ? : .....
9. You are not Chinese : .....
10. Can you speak english ? : .....
11. I can speak a little mandarin, how about you ? : .....

you understand : nǐ míng bai

this means understand the situation or what's happening, and it's not use to say understand the language.

12. I understand : .....
13. I don't understand : .....
14. but : .....
15. you speak mandarin very well : .....

Remember to use 'de' to speak very well, and notice the word order (your mandarin speak very well)

16. say again, you speak mandarin very well : .....
17. now tell I don't understand : .....

however in most cases it's better to say 'I don't understand what you're saying', here is how to say 'what' : shén me ?

18. I don't understand : .....

I don't understand what you're saying : wǒ bù míng bai nǐ shuō shén me ? (Please notice the word order - I don't understand you speak what)

19. Can you speak english ? : .....
20. I can speak a little, how about you ? : .....
21. I don't speak well : .....
22. I don't understand what you're saying : .....
23. I'm not chinese but I can speak mandarin : .....
24. You speak mandarin very well : .....
25. thank you : .....

Now let's learn to ask for direction...

Read : duì bu qǐ, qǐng wèn, Tunjungan lù zài nǎ r ?

This is the word for road : lù

26. Now say, tunjungan road : .....

Where is : nǎ r ?

Where is tunjungan road ? In Chinese you say, 'tunjungan road lacated where ?'
Tunjungan lù zài nǎ r ?

27. What part of that means 'located' ? : .....

Located where is not yes no question so you don't need 'ma ?'

say again, located where : zài nǎ r ?

Here is mandarin word for street : jiē (high level tone)

Bengawan street : Bengawan jiē

28. Try to ask where the bengawan street is located ? : .....

The answer is 'here' : zhèr , located here : zài zhèr

29. Where bengawan street is located ? : .....
30. Where tunjungan road is located ? : .....
31. located here : .....
32. what : .....
33. I don't understand what you're saying : .....
34. is it located here ? : .....

Because you ask 'is it' rather than 'where is', you use shì

35. ask again, is it located here ?
36. yes, it's located here : .....
37. no, it's not located here : .....
38. I don't understand what you're saying : .....

It's located overthere : shì zài nà r
nà r (falling tone) : overthere

39. Where is tunjungan road located ?

Did you notice the word 'where' is falling raising tone : nǎ r ?

where ? overthere! : nǎ r ? nà r !
not overthere : bù zài nà r

40. is it located here ? : .....
41. Bengawan street is located here : .....
42. ask where is tunjungan road located : .....
43. answer not here : .....
44. overthere : .....
45. I don't understand what you're saying : .....
46. goodbye : .....

Let's try a conversation :
X : nǐ hǎo
You : .....(hello)
X : nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma ?
You : ..... (yes, I'm american)
X : wǒ shì Zhōng guó rén, nǐ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà ma ?
You : ..... (a little, I can speak a little mandarin, I don't speak well)
X : nǐ pǔ tōng huà shuō de hěn hǎo
You : ..... (thank you)
X : duì bu qǐ, qǐng wèn, Tunjungan lù zài nǎ r ? shì zài zhèr ma ?
You : ..... (yes, it's located here)
X : Bengawan jiē zài nǎ r ?
You : ..... (located overthere)
X : Tunjungan lù zài nà r ma ?
You : ..... (Bengawan street is located there, but Tunjungan road is located here)

OK that's the end of lesson 5, if you can answer about 85% of above questions then you are ready for the next lesson, otherwise you need to spend more time to study again, but don't worry you don't need to pay anything, you are always welcome to my blog :)

Thank you very much for learning Mandarin with Kemauan, if you like this article you can spread it to your friends for FREE but the term and condition apply : don't forget to give my blog link :), it's like a GNU license :). See you in the next part :)

the answers:
1. nǐ hǎo
2. zài jiàn
3. nǐ hǎo ma ?
4. hěn hǎo, xiè xie nǐ
5. bù shì hěn hǎo
6. wǒ shuō de bù hǎo
7. nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma ?
8. shì, wǒ shì Měi guó rén, nǐ ne ?
9. nǐ bù shì Zhōng guó rén
10. nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén ma ?
11. wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er pǔ tōng huà, nǐ ne ?
12. wǒ míng bai
13. wǒ bù míng bai
14. kě shì
15. nǐ pǔ tōng huà shuō de hěn hǎo
16. nǐ pǔ tōng huà shuō de hěn hǎo
17. wǒ bù míng bai
18. wǒ bù míng bai
19. nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén ma ?
20. wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er, nǐ ne ?
21. wǒ shuō de bù hǎo
22. wǒ bù míng bai nǐ shuō shén me ?
23. wǒ bù shì Zhōng guó rén kě shì, wǒ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà
24. nǐ pǔ tōng huà shuō de hěn hǎo
25. xiè xie nǐ
26. Tunjungan lù
27. zài
28. Bengawan jiē zài nǎ r ?
29. Bengawan jiē zài nǎ r ?
30. Tunjungan lù zài nǎ r ?
31. zài zhèr
32. shén me
33. wǒ bù míng bai nǐ shuō shén me ?
34. shì zài zhèr ma ?
35. shì zài zhèr ma ?
36. shì, shì zài zhèr
37. bù shì, bù shì zài zhèr
38. wǒ bù míng bai nǐ shuō shén me ?
39. Tunjungan lù zài nǎ r ?
40. shì zài zhèr ma ?
41. Bengawan jiē zài zhèr
42. Tunjungan lù zài nǎ r ?
43. bù zài zhèr
44. nà r
45. wǒ bù míng bai nǐ shuō shén me ?
46. zài jiàn

This entry was posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 at Monday, September 15, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment