Learn Mandarin with Kemauan: Lesson 2  

Posted by Kemauan in


Learn Mandarin with Kemauan: Lesson 2


I'm trying to make these mandarin lessons as simple as I can, as the expert says that, our brain can more remember a new word if it is reoccurance for many times and use in the sentences.
So I will use this approach to make these mandarin lesson simple, as our motto : the easy way to speak mandarin :)

Another thing that I should tell you is .. if you learn mandarin you must read loudly, because it will accelarate you to speak faster.

In this lesson you will see "....." it means you must answer the question (speak loudly)


Ok let's begin

read this sentences loudly :

duì bu qǐ, qǐng wèn
nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén ma ?
bù huì , wǒ bù huì shuō Yīng wén
wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er pǔ tōng huà
nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma?
shì, wǒ shì Měi guó rén

Please read again and try to make your pronunciation sound exactly like the chinese person with the following accent mark in each word. If you still not familiar how to read the pinyin system, than you should go back to Mandarin Lesson 1

duì bu qǐ = excuse me
qǐng wèn = please let me ask
Yīng wén = english
huì = can
bù huì = can't
shuō = speak
nǐ = you
wǒ = I, me


Now try to say:
(the answers are in the bottom of this post but try to not see that)

1. you can speak = ..... (ex: nǐ huì shuō -> again speak loudly)
2. you can speak english = ..... (ex: nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén)
3. can't speak = .....

nǐ huì shuō ma ?
4. which part of that sentence is 'you' ? .....

5. ask a question if I can speak : .....

6. say, excuse me : .....

7. now translate, please let me ask : .....

8. now say: excume me, please let me ask : .....

9. ask again : can you speak ? : .....

10. now say, english : .....

11. try to ask : can you speak english : .....

12. answer no, I can't : .....

13. and now say : you can't speak : .....

14. say, I can speak : .....

15. say, I can speak english : ......

16. say again, you can speak : ......

17. excuse me please let me ask : .....

18. ask, can you speak ? : .....

19. can you speak english ? .....

20. answer no : ......

21. now answer : I can't speak : .....


In Mainland china the mandarin commond language is pǔ tōng huà

22. say, I can speak : .....

23. I can speak mandarin : .....

24. I can't speak mandarin : .....

25. You can speak mandarin : .....

26. Excuse me please let me ask : .....

27. ask if I can speak mandarin : .....


Here is the word "some" or "a little" in mandarin : yī diǎn er

28. I can speak a little : .....

29. I can speak mandarin : .....

30. excuse me : .....

31. a little : .....

32. ask, can you speak english : .....

33. say, I can speak a little english : .....

34. mandarin / commond language : .....

35. can you speak mandarin ?: .....

36. answer No : .....

37. I can speak a little mandarin : .....


Here is the word "America" in mandarin : Měi guó

and the word "person" in mandarin : rén

so, to say america person in mandarin : Měi guó rén

to be : shì


38. I am america person : .....

39. you are : .....

40. you are america : .....

41. are you : .....

42. are you american : .....

43. excuse me, let me ask : .....

44. can you speak mandarin ? : .....

45. can you speak english : .....

46. are you american ? : .....

47. what part of it is 'are' ? .....


You can use shi as an answer yes


48. ask again are you american ? : .....

49. answer yes, I'm american : .....


OK now read again loudly :

duì bu qǐ, qǐng wèn
nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén ma ?
bù huì , wǒ bù huì shuō Yīng wén
wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er pǔ tōng huà
nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma?
shì, wǒ shì Měi guó rén

Now you do speak a little mandarin :)

OK that's the end of lesson 2, if you can answer about 85% of above questions then you are ready for the next lesson, otherwise you need to spend more time to study again, don't worry you don't need to pay anything, you are always welcome to my blog :)

It is the first time I write an article like this, I need you, to give me some feedback about this lesson.
1. Is it in good format ? or should I use different method ?
2. Can you understand after you read this article ? or Can you follow the lesson ?
3. Do you have any idea for the next lesson ?

Thank you very much for learning Mandarin with Kemauan, if you like this article you can spread it to your friends for FREE but the term and condition apply : don't forget to give my blog link :), it's like a GNU license :). See you in the next part :)


The answer :
1. nǐ huì shuō
2. nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén
3. bù huì shuō
4. nǐ
5. nǐ huì shuō ma ?
6. duì bu qǐ
7. qǐng wèn
8. duì bu qǐ , qǐng wèn
9. nǐ huì shuō ma ?
10. Yīng wén
11. nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén ma ?
12. wǒ bù huì
13. nǐ bù huì shuō
14. wǒ huì shuō
15. wǒ huì shuō Yīng wén
16. nǐ huì shuō
17. duì bu qǐ , qǐng wèn
18. nǐ huì shuō ma ?
19. nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén ma ?
20. bù huì
21. wǒ bù huì shuō
22. wǒ huì shuō
23. wǒ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà
24. wǒ bù huì shuō pǔ tōng huà
25. nǐ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà
26. duì bu qǐ , qǐng wèn
27. nǐ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà ma ?
28. wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er
29. wǒ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà
30. duì bu qǐ
31. yī diǎn er
32. nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén ma ?
33. wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er Yīng wén
34. pǔ tōng huà
35. nǐ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà ma ?
36. bù huì
37. wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er pǔ tōng huà
38. wǒ shì Měi guó rén
39. nǐ shì
40. nǐ shì Měi guó rén
41. nǐ shì ma ?
42. nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma ?
43. duì bu qǐ , qǐng wèn
44. nǐ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà ma ?
45. nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén ma ?
46. nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma ?
47. shì
48. nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma ?
49. shì , wǒ shì Měi guó rén

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at Tuesday, August 05, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

waw..mantap..
bisa belajar mandarin disini :D
lumayan buat aku yang oriental gadungan

August 7, 2008 at 12:49 PM

haduh..angkat tangan deh kalo belajar bahasa mandarin
xixixixixi

August 8, 2008 at 9:51 AM

@bluecat: kalo gitu tunggu lesson 3 ya :) masih belum sempet nulis nih
@tha : memange ditodong siapa kok angkat tangan ? tp gak apa deh drpd masuk blogku terus angkat kaki, wah gak bakal datang lagi donk :)

August 12, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Icha punya ide, gimana kalo dibuat latiannya janjian jam brapa gitu ol bareng trus blajar bareng, pasti seru tuh... :D:D

August 20, 2008 at 10:07 AM

@devita: wah mesti bikin skenario cha, bagus sih kalo bisa gitu jd ol dan chatnya hrs dg pinyin gitu ya, you atur deh cha,gimana ? :)

August 29, 2008 at 6:36 AM

Post a Comment