Learn Mandarin with Kemauan : Lesson 3  

Posted by Kemauan in


Learn Mandarin with Kemauan : Lesson 3


Ok guys, this is lesson 3 of Learn Mandarin with Kemauan but before you begin, it is better if you review again previously lessons, because it's been long time since the last lesson - sorry about this :)

OK let's begin

duì bu qǐ, qǐng wèn
nǐ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà ma?
wǒ huì yī diǎn er
nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma?
shì, nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén ma ?
bù huì , wǒ bù huì shuō Yīng wén

1. now say, english : .....
2. commond language : .....
3. I can speak : .....
4. tell me that you can speak mandarin : .....
5. a little : .....
6. now tell me you can speak a little mandarin : .....
7. do you remember how to say excuse me, please let me ask : .....
8. now you ask, can you speak ? : .....
9. again ask, can you speak mandarin? : .....
10. answer, no : .....
11. ask again, can you speak english? : .....
12. answer, yes : .....

In mandarin, the answer yes or no is depend on the question, in this case yes means can.

13. now answer, no I can't : .....
14. say I can't speak english : .....
15. say I can speak mandarin : .....
16. how to say I can speak a liitle : .....
17. I can speak a litlle english : .....
18. you are : .....
19. you are american : .....
20. do you remember how to say: excuse me, please let me ask : .....
21. are you american ? .....
22. answer yes : ..... (remember yes is depend on the question)
23. ask again are you american ? : .....
24. answer no, I'm not american : .....
25. I can't speak english : .....
26. I can speak mandarin : .....
27. I can speak a little mandarin : .....

In mandarin, hǎo means well, so to say I don't speak well : wǒ shuō de bù hǎo

hǎo : well
de : possessive

28. can you speak mandarin ? : .....
29. I don't speak well : .....
30. If you want to ask something just say, please let me ask : .....
31. say, I'm not american : .....
32. I can't speak english : .....
33. I don't speak well : .....

If you want to say Hello in chinese you say "nǐ hǎo" the meaning is "you well".
Suppose if you want to say how are you, you say "nǐ hǎo ma ?" (you well ?) - this is only if you want to ask someone about his condition, if not, just say nǐ hǎo, to greetings.

34. say, hello : .....
35. very well thanks : hěn hǎo, xiè xie
36. ask again are you well? : .....
37. very well : .....
38. which part is "very" in mandarin ? : .....
39. how are you ? : .....
40. very well thanks : .....

This is how to say good bye in chinese : zài jiàn (with two falling tone)

41. say hello : .....
42. how are you ? : .....
43. very well thanks : .....
44. goodbye : .....
45. are you american ? : .....
46. no, I'm not american : .....
47. I can't speak mandarin : .....
48. goodbye : .....
49. excuse me, please let me ask, can you speak english ? : .....
50. how do you answer No : .....
51. I can speak a little mandarin : .....
52. I don't speak well : .....
53. goodbye : .....

Now lets imagine that you meet with someone and you do a conversation with him. Answer with positive answers (or yes)

X: nǐ hǎo
You : ..... (you well)

X: nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma?
You : ..... ( yes, I'm american)

X : nǐ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà ma?
You : ..... ( a little, I can speak a little mandarin)
You : ..... (I don't speak well)

X : zài jiàn
You : ..... (good bye)

OK that's the end of lesson 3, if you can answer about 85% of above questions then you are ready for the next lesson, otherwise you need to spend more time to study again, but don't worry you don't need to pay anything, you are always welcome to my blog :)

Thank you very much for learning Mandarin with Kemauan, if you like this article you can spread it to your friends for FREE but the term and condition apply : don't forget to give my blog link :), it's like a GNU license :). See you in the next part :)


the answer:
1. Yīng wén
2. pǔ tōng huà
3. wǒ huì shuō
4. wǒ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà
5. yī diǎn er
6. wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er pǔ tōng huà
7. duì bu qǐ, qǐng wèn
8. nǐ huì shuō ma ?
9. nǐ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà ma ?
10. bù huì
11. nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén ma ?
12. huì
13. bù huì , wǒ bù huì
14. wǒ bù huì shuō Yīng wén
15. wǒ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà
16. wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er
17. wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er Yīng wén
18. nǐ shì
19. nǐ shì Měi guó rén
20. duì bu qǐ, qǐng wèn
21. nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma ?
22. shì
23. nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma ?
24. nǐ shì Měi guó rén
25. bù shì, wǒ bù shì Měi guó rén
26. wǒ bù huì shuō Yīng wén
27. wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er
28. nǐ huì shuō pǔ tōng huà ma?
29. wǒ shuō de bù hǎo
30. qǐng wèn
31. wǒ bù shì Měi guó rén
32. wǒ bù huì shuō Yīng wén
33. wǒ shuō de bù hǎo
34. nǐ hǎo
35. hěn hǎo, xiè xie
36. nǐ hǎo ma ?
37. hěn hǎo
38. hěn
39. nǐ hǎo ma ?
40. hěn hǎo, xiè xie
41. nǐ hǎo
42. nǐ hǎo ma ?
43. hěn hǎo, xiè xie
44. zài jiàn
45. nǐ shì Měi guó rén ma ?
46. bù shì, wǒ bù shì Měi guó rén
47. wǒ bù huì shuō pǔ tōng huà
48. zài jiàn
49. duì bu qǐ, qǐng wèn, nǐ huì shuō Yīng wén ma ?
50. bù huì
51. wǒ huì shuō yī diǎn er pǔ tōng huà
52. wǒ shuō de bù hǎo
53. zài jiàn

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 at Thursday, August 28, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Anonymous  

wah rajin banget bikin postingan belajar mandarin..
wo men yiding yao jia you hoh.. haha

September 2, 2008 at 1:35 PM

@sakuralady: thanks, jia you! :)

September 5, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Post a Comment